Welcome to Introduction to Microsoft Access 2003. This tutorial is designed for users who are new or only have little experience using Access 2003. It introduces fundamental database concepts and operations and illustrates how they are performed in Microsoft Access 2003. This tutorial does not cover all of the features and functions of Microsoft Access 2003, emphasis will be on basic and frequently-used features, such as the creation of tables and queries, or importing spreadsheet into Access.
Please be aware that Microsoft Access is only available for Windows users; Mac users may want to seek out a FileMaker Pro Tutorial.
By using this tutorial, you will learn to perform the following operations in Access 2003:
- Launch Access and identify the parts of the screen
- Define fields and field properties constructing table structures
- Enter and edit records in a table
- Find, sort data
- Design custom queries to display data
- Import data between Excel and Access