Confused again? Remember the following:
- Webpages are a series of independent files put together by a web
- A web browser puts the files together by reading commands from HTML
- HTML files are simple text files with commands telling the browser
how to organize text and image files in a page.
- You need to have a main folder (your public_html folder) for
- Inside that folder, you need an images folder for
your GIFs and JPEGs .
- To link to the folders from the main folder the relative link should
- To link outside the main folder (to "get out"), your links
should read "../filename.htm."
- Each "../" indicates one level back in the folder structure.
The URL for any file in the sub-directory within your public_html directory
will be http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~yourusername/sub-directoryname/filename.extension.
this tutorial >