John R. Graduate
Objective: To work for North Park Public Library as a Children’s Librarian I
Focus on providing services to children and young adults
· Assisted in planning and conducting a children’s summer reading program with over 5,000 children participants.
· Developed Web-based resources for children’s reading program.
· Providing reference services to both children and adults in a branch library serving over 35,000 patrons.
· Developed bulletin board presentation about children’s services at the branch library.
· Provided instruction on the Internet and the World-Wide Web to both children and adults.
Teaching Assistant, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, 1997 to 1999
The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas.
· Assisted professor in preparation for classes in Materials for Children, and Planning and Management of Services and Programs for Children and Young Adults
· Developed and maintained Web pages that supported the learning objectives of each classes.
Operating systems: Windows 3.11 through Windows ME
Software & Database: MS Office 97 & 2000 (Word, Excel, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), Dreamweaver 3.0, Front Page 98, FileMaker Pro, Dow Jones, Lexis/Nexis, Dialog, OCLC, MARC
Spanish language: Read and write with little difficulty, speak Spanish with some assistance.