Admission to the CAS program requires:
- An M.L.I.S., M.L.S., a master's degree in a related field, or an equivalent
degree from a foreign institution.
- A grade-point average and scores on the Graduate Record Examination
(GRE) General Test that qualify an applicant for admission to the University's
Graduate School and to School of Information.
- Evidence of successful professional-level experience in librarianship
or other information-related work.
Admission to the CAS program requires admission to the Graduate School
of the University. For complete information about applying to the Graduate
School, refer to the UT
Austin Graduate Catalog (http://www.utexas.edu/student/registrar/catalogs/grad03-05/).
The catalog is the document of authority for all students. Applicants
must submit the following materials to the Graduate and International
Admissions Center (GIAC):
In addition, the applicant must also:
- An application to the Graduate School. Applicants may request a Graduate
Admissions Bulletin by phone (512-475-7390), or apply electronically
using the GIAC online application http://www.utexas.edu/student/giac/#online.
- The GIAC application fee.
- One official copy of your transcripts. NOTE - an additional copy is
not needed for School of Information.
- Your official GRE Report.
- Submit an Application for Admission to the Certificate of Advanced
Study Program - PDF | Word
to the Chair, Admissions Committee of the School of Information. An important part of
the application is the submission of a statement of long-range career
objectives and the desired program of study.
- Ensure that three persons familiar with the applicant's educational
background and professional experience submit letters of reference to
the Chair, Admissions Committee.
Send completed application to:
School of Information
The University of Texas at Austin
Sanchez Building (SZB) 564
1 University Station D7000
Austin, TX 78712-0390
Last Modified: November 02 2004 10:54:35.